Friends of Tennessee & Cross Creeks
1371 C Wildlife Dr
Springville, TN 38256
Visit our Website
- Duck and Waterfowl refuge and sanctuary
- Bird Watching
- Environmental Educatioin
- Outdoor activities
- Kayak and Canoeing
- Eagle watching
- Volunteer opportunities
Hours of OperationTN National Wildlife Refuge: M - Sat 8am - 4pm
Cross Creeks National Wildlife Refuge:M-F 7am -3:30pm
An Organization for supporters of the Tennessee and Cross Creeks National Wildlife Refuges, located in Springville and Dover, TN.
Friends of Tennessee National Wildlife Refuge, Inc. is an independent, non-profit corporation dedicated to supporting the primary purposes for which the Tennessee National Wildlife Refuge was established and promoting the preservation of the natural and historical resources of the Refuge, foster its use and enjoyment by the public consistent with the protection and preservation of its environment, and engage in such educational, scientific and civic activities as will assist the management of the Refuge in carrying out its mandates.
Our objectives are to:
1) Provide financial and volunteer support of Tennessee and Cross Creeks National Wildlife Refuges.
(2) Promote public awareness of the refuges' existence, purpose and outdoor opportunities.
(3) Engage the community in the educational opportunities available, both in the classroom and in the great outdoors.
(4)Promote, nurture and preserve the natural and historical importance of the refuges.
(5) Foster a positive and enthusiastic relationship within the communities.
We sponsor many activities and events on the refuges during the year, such as Fishing Derbies, Kayak/Canoeing Outings and special Discovery Series programs at the Visitor's Centers. We provide funding for bus grants for school field trips; funding and volunteer hours for projects such as trail improvements, cleanup days and mowing, We own and operate the Blue Heron Bookstore at the TN National Wildlife Refuge.
Our Board meets at the TN NWR the second Tuesday of each month at 8am.